Day 1 :
– Assemble at our office at 8:00am and leave Banlung at 8:30am towards Voensai district, there are various ethnic minority people living around this area. So when we arrive there we can have a look at their busy small market, the earlier, the more vibrant and busier.
- Taking the ferry boat to cross to another side driving on 20mn to the minority village.
- Once we get to Kavet community village called “Rouk”, we sign in with the chief to give our respects to him and the community, in order to enter their village.
This is the starting point of the trek, so the guide and ranger will carry most of the stuff, like food and some water, while visitors help to carry their own and some extra things like each hammock and three bottles of big water.
-Trekking through jungle patches and some old abandoned nomadic farms of this tribal people and reach the jungle border around noon where we break for lunch.
-Trek in the main jungle is about four hours in this first day.
First hour : Enjoy trekking in the vast bamboo forest!.
Second-forth hour: Climb up the mountain and trek in the many different sorts of giant trees, a beautiful panoramic view pass along the trek towards the camp site.
- The shelter is settled near to a stream, if there is enough water you can enjoy the refreshing swim while the guide and ranger prepare the dinner on the campfire.
- Enjoy the dinner near the campfire. Afterwards, by the candles, the guide will share stories until bed time.
Day 2 :
-There are more gibbons in the dry season to wake us up with their social or mating calls but if they are not around, there is always the usual orchestra of birds and mammals singing.
Approx. 7:00am we get up for breakfast while the guide and ranger untie the hammocks to prepare for trekking.
-Day 2 trek involves more adventure and climbing the mountain, we could spot some wildlife if we are lucky ( like monkeys, black beer, giant horn-bill etc.).
The trek is approx. three hours in the morning then we get to a small steam where everybody can enjoy our lunch .
After meal we continue trekking for 2 hours to the north-west to another serene waterfall for the second night camping, diner on the nice stone field with lovely bamboo fire.
At 7:00pm everybody armed with only a head-torch, we go out for a night trek! It is very interesting and a bit scary. There is a much higher chance to see wildlife as many animals are nocturnal, including Loris, jungle cat, tiger cat, reptile, night birds etc.
Day 3 :
-Waking up for another nice day! We’ll trek for two hours to the “Lalai river” to help to cut and building a bamboo raft smiling and have lunch.
At noon we rafting down 4hours to join the night and diner with an indigenous family as a small party.
Day 4 :
-Get up at 6:00am if you like to climb to see a beautiful sunrise besides this you can see a great view including the grassland near the border of Laos.
After breakfast we head back through the forest to the village, on the way we can visit and learn the culture of Kavet indigenous people living in this remote area.
After passing those villages, we get to the ferry and cross it back and come back Banlung around4- 5:00pm
Day 5 :
The trekking is going on from the 3rd day to another waterfall ,more difficult many parts has no trails,3hrs to lunch at a small steam; 2 more hrs walk to camping next to the waterfall ,but only trek 3 hrs on the day 4 to the “Lalai river”because we have to build a bamboo raft… and make a camp prepare for a raft out for the last day!.
Please consider the environment before printing
Tour price: Contact us
Group size: 2 to 25 pax
Departure based on your inquiry
– Full meals in tour
– Local guide throughout the tour
– Entrance fees in tour
– Support car, motorbikes
– Accommodation in tour - 4 nights
– Personal expenses such as camera fees, tips, laundry service, etc
– Travel insurance