Day 1: Phnom Penh - Banlung (L, D ) ( 475 km)
7:00 AM Pick up from your hotel and Transfer to Banlung, capital of Rattanakiri Province, nicknamed “the Red City” because f the omnipresent laterite. Transfer to Terre Rouge Llodge, one of the most romantic and unique lodge with swimming pool. Welcome dinner and briefing on the tour. Overnight at the lodge.
Day 2: Banlung- Kroeung Territory – Banlung(12km) ( B , L , D )
Drive north towards Laos and the village of Taveng. Cross the volcanic lava field of Veyrum Plang. Travelling north the landscape changes from primary forest to cleared forest, bamboo and bush. Walk to visit some Kroeung villages en route. The Kroeung people have the curious custom of erecting bachelor houses standing on long bamboo poles. These houses will remain so until the young man finds a wife. Only then will the unusual bachelor pad be destroyed. The time of year to see them is usually from February to August. Overnight in home-stay.
Day 3: Banlung- Tapoun Totems - Banlung (10km) (B, L, D)
Leave Banlung heading northwest through bamboo forests to reach the village of Voeune Sai. This village is a Chinese enclave in Cambodian territory with most villagers not speaking Khmer. Upstream are the Tampoun villages, known for their funeral statuary or totems. Some of the best of totems are in the village of Ka Choan, reached by boat and walking. Return to Banlung for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Banlung-Yak Lom (5km) ( B , L, D )
Breakfast at the hotel. Drive by on rough roads to explore the surrounding waterfalls at Teuk Cha Ong and Okachang and Ka Tieng. Take an elephant ride to enjoy the view of the hill. Afternoon, walk to the volcanic lake, Yak Lom in a superb location surrounded by pristine rainforest. Swim or take a stroll around the lake. Dinner and overnight in Banlung, provincial capital of Rattanakiri.
Day 5: Banlung-Phnom Penh ( B , L )
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit the town including the market to observe the busy activities in the morning when people coming to buy food and do other shopping. Lunch in Kratie. Arrive in Phnom Penh. TOUR ENDS.
Please consider the environment before printing
Tour price: Contact us
Group size: 2 to 25 pax
Departure based on your inquiry
Our Tour Includes:
- Local English speaking tour guide, other language tour guides are available up on requests
- Private transportation with A/C
- Meals B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner as mentioned in the program
- Entrance fee as indicated in the program
- Fruits and snacks for trekking day
- Accommodation in tour - 4 nights
- Cold towel & Bottled drinking water (02 bottles/person/day)
- Airfare (international and domestic) and airport tax
- Visa arrangement to Cambodia
- Accommodation in Phnom Penh
- Other meals not mentioned in the tour program
- Drinks at restaurants and personal expenses
- Any services not mentioned in the program
- Insurance during travel, Tip & Personal expense